Sandy Lane Travel provides the travel service for Edenred Travel & Candis Travel Club.
Sandy Lane Travel is a trading name of The Midcounties Co-operative Limited registered in England and Wales with registered number IP19025R. Vat No. 862817892. Registered Office: Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6DA. Head Office: Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6DA.
1. These are the agency terms on which Sandy Lane Travel ("Us, We, Our") will provide travel services to you.
2. We act as agent for a number of tour operators, airlines and cruise companies.
3. When making your agency booking with Us, We will arrange for you to enter into a legal contract with the relevant tour operator, airline or cruise company (the "Principal").
4. For all package holiday bookings, We will act as the agent for the Principal who arranges your travel services.
5. Where We act as an agent, We accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the Principal or for the services provided by the Principal. The Principal’s Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and We advise you to read those Terms & Conditions and these Booking Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your booking.
6. Please contact Us for copies of the Principal's Terms & Conditions if you do not have them.
7. These Booking Conditions are governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
2. Your holiday contract
1. When you make a booking with Us, you confirm that you have authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out in these Booking Conditions. It is your responsibility to advise Us of the correct names and spelling of all members of your party at the time of booking. Please check all names, dates and timings are correct on your booking confirmation and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur charges. Please ensure the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
2. A contract is made between you and the principal or supplier as soon as We take the initial payment for your booking.
3. The booking information that you provide to Us when you make a booking will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements (such as airlines, hotels and transport operators). Your information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to Us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements.
4. If We cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements, We will be unable to provide travel services to you.
5. You consent to Us passing on your information to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements as set out in Clauses 2.3 and 2.4.
6. For full details of Our data protection policy which sets out how we will hold, use and protect your personal information, please request a copy from Us. A copy of Our data protection policy is also available on Our Website at edenredtravel.co.uk/privacy.html.
3. Your financial protection
1. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate.
This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you).
You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
4. Your holiday price policy
1. We will confirm the current price of the holiday that you wish to book and the deposit to be paid by you before We make your booking.
2. You must pay the required deposit per person (excluding infants under two years of age at the date of return) at the time of booking.
3. If your booking includes budget or scheduled flights/ low cost airlines, cruises or other special arrangements, the deposit required may vary up to the full ticket price and some providers may also require additional deposits at the time of booking. We will let you know if any additional deposits will be required at the time of booking.
4. The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 14 weeks before your departure date. Please note that the balance due dates may vary where scheduled flights are included and/or where ticketing deadlines are unexpectedly brought forward. We will let you know if this happens.
5. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid on time, We may cancel your travel arrangements and retain your deposit.Your holiday may be cancelled by the principal or supplier if your balance is not paid on time.
6. Changes in transportation costs including the cost of fuel, duties, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after We have sent your confirmation invoice. However there will be no change to the price of your travel arrangements within 30 days of your departure.
5. If you change your booking
1. If, after confirmation of your booking, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen date or accommodation, We will do Our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible.
2. If you wish to change your travel arrangements you must send a request for change in writing to Us.You will be required to pay to Us an administration charge of £25 for each request for change made by you, together with any further cost We incur in making such changes. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are requested and you should contact Us as soon as possible.
3. Please note that:
(a) certain travel arrangements (such as scheduled or low cost flights) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements; and
(b) in the event that you change your name before your departure date, the costs We may incur will depend upon the carrier. In the majority of cases airlines will not allow name changes and you will be required to purchase a new ticket. Such charges are likely to include the full costs of the flight and will be subject to availability.
6. If you cancel your booking
1. You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the lead passenger on the booking must be received at Our offices.
2. You will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges.
3. Please note: if the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim the charges. The full insurance premium is retained in the event of cancellation.
7. If your supplier changes or cancels your booking
1. In the event that you do not pay for the travel product within the time limits specified by the operator concerned or (if applicable) as shown the principal or supplier reserves the right to cancel your booking , or not to confirm the final booking, in either case without further notification to you. If this occurs then the initial deposit will not be refundable and the balance of any further money paid by you for the travel product will be dealt with in accordance with the operator's terms and conditions and any applicable law.
2. The principal or supplier reserves the right to cancel or make a material alteration to a travel product.
8. If you have a complaint
1. If you have a problem during your holiday it is of the utmost importance that you immediately bring it to the attention of the relevant person (for example the resort representative, hotel manager or transport agent) who will do their best to put things right.
2. If your complaint is not resolved locally, you should contact Us to advise Us of the problem so that We can try to resolve it for you. However, should a problem remain unresolved, you should make a complaint in writing within 28 days of your return home to: Customer Service Department, Sandy Lane Travel, The Red House, Dee Banks, Chester CH3 5UX providing your booking reference and all other relevant information. You must keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist Us to quickly identify your concerns and will speed up Our response to you.
3. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question as well as any resort representative without delay and complete a report form whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure We will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under your booking contract with Us.
9. Our liability to you
1. We are a trading name of The Midcounties Co-operative Limted registered in England and Wales with registered number IP19025R. Vat No. 862817892. Registered Office: Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6DA. Head Office: Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6DA. Unless specified as the operator The Midcounties Co-operative Ltd is an agent of the operator concerned. Accordingly, there is no direct contractual relationship between you on the one hand and us or (unless it is acting as the operator) The Midcounties Co-operative Ltd on the other hand. All bookings accepted by us and arrangements made by us are subject to the terms and conditions of the operator concerned and we have no direct contractual liability to you in connection with the travel product specified except as may be imposed by law.
10. Passport, Visa, Immigration and vaccination requirements
1. A full British passport (valid for at least 6 months beyond the end of your holiday) is required for travel.
2. Your specific passport and visa requirements and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates.
3. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements or if you are not in possession of the relevant vaccination certificates.
4. It is also your responsibility to arrange adequate insurance cover for your trip and to take relevant details of the policy with you.
1. Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by Us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with Us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive in good time to board all flights or other methods of transportation. If you miss a flight or other transportation We will try to arrange alternative transportation, but reserve the right to recover from you any costs We incur in making such arrangements.
2. Any rail, road and other departure times are supplied by the carriers. They are subject to factors outside of Our control such as air traffic control restrictions, weather conditions, the need for constant maintenance and the ability of passengers to check in on time. There is no guarantee that departures will take place at the times shown on your tickets. The timings are estimates only. We do not have any liability to you for any delays that may arise.
3. Your dealings with all carriers are subject to the conditions of the carrier, some of which may limit or exclude liability. Where We are in a position to do so, We will give you information before you book concerning the airline on which you will fly, your airport of destination and type of aircraft on which you will travel. However if any of these details change subsequently, and you choose to cancel as a result, cancellation charges will apply. Any arrangements in the event of a delay will be at the sole discretion of the airline or other carrier involved.
13. Special requests
1. Where you have special requests, you must let Us know what these are at the time of booking. Whilst We will make every effort to ensure that these requests are fulfilled, they cannot be guaranteed.
14. Travel insurance recommendations
1. It is highly recommended or maybe compulsory in some destinations that you take out adequate travel insurance cover for your trip. This should be done before you travel and you should be aware that it is in your best interest to take this travel insurance out now with immediate effect as you will find that most travel insurance policies offer you an instant cancellation cover for the travel services that you have now purchased.